What should you keep in mind when buying garden chairs?
With the wide range of garden chairs on offer, it can be difficult to find the right model. The following purchase criteria and features will help you:
- Size: If you want to set up your garden chairs on the balcony, terrace or directly in the garden, there is not always a lot of space available. So you should think about it and measure the floor space beforehand
Then you can opt for smaller or larger chairs. You should also include a table in your planning
- Material: Garden chairs are available in different materials. The classics wood and aluminium are included. But rattan is also popular. These materials are weatherproof and offer a modern design if you prefer.
- Functions: Should your new garden chairs be simple, or should they be equipped with certain features? Adjustable backrests and footrests are available among other things.
- Colour and design: Create a nice seating area with the right colours and an appealing design. Both light and dark colours and special design lines are included
What materials are garden chairs available in?
If you want to buy garden chairs, there are different materials to choose from. We will tell you what they are and what features they have:
- Garden chairs made of wood: They look natural, are robust and withstand all weather conditions. When correctly cared for and painted, dirt, moisture and frost do not penetrate the surface. That means you can benefit from a long product life and have a lot of fun with your garden chairs. Many garden chairs are available in teak or acacia wood, for example. You also have a wide range of colours to choose from
- Garden chairs made of aluminium: Aluminium is extremely robust and at the same time light. That's ideal if you want to move your chairs. The material also cannot rust, which means you can leave the chairs outside all year round. Combinations with an aluminium frame and armrests made of wood look great and add elegance with a matching table
- Garden chairs made of rattan: Rattan is also popular for garden chairs. These chairs tend to go in the lounger direction and are a bit wider and more spacious. You have the choice between natural rattan and the artificial version, polyrattan. Artificial rattan, in particular, can withstand all weather conditions and is easy to care for. The garden chairs can be left outside permanently
Foldable garden chairs for maximum comfort
If you want to sit in the garden or on the terrace to enjoy the sun’s rays, adjustable backrests offer maximum comfort. You can adjust the backrest backwards in individual steps until you are almost completely in a reclined position. There’s no better way to relax.
A few garden chairs are even equipped with a foldable foot section. This way you can put your feet up and make yourself really comfortable.
Tip for saving space: If you generally don't have that much space, it makes sense to opt for fully foldable garden chairs. When folded up completely, you can just place the in the corner so you have plenty of space.
Your garden chairs can be expanded with a table and accessories
We offer a wide range of different model and design lines. Are the garden chairs not enough for you and you are also looking for a matching table? Take a look at lounge-gartenmoebel.ch.
We also offer a wide range of accessories. This includes, for example, parasols, decorative elements and protective covers for the winter.
Proper care for garden chairs
Depending on which material you choose for your new garden chairs, regular maintenance is required. This is the only way to ensure you can enjoy your furniture for a long time.
In general, all materials can be washed off quickly and easily with a little warm water and washing-up liquid. You can do without aggressive cleaning agents entirely.
If your garden chairs are made of wood, you should ensure that the wooden surfaces are regularly treated (with varnish or oils). This is the only way to ensure that the surface is completely protected and that no moisture and dirt can penetrate.
Order your new garden chairs now and create a wonderful retreat in your garden or on your terrace. You can choose between different designs, materials, colours and convenient functions.